Report: George R.R. Martin’s “Wild Cards” optioned for film
The superhero anthology series “Wild Cards,” edited by author George R.R. Martin, may soon have a film adaptation, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Syfy Films, aa joint venture of Syfy and Universal Pictures, has acquired the screen rights to “Wild Cards.” Several authors created the world of the “Wild Cards,” in which an alien virus killed most it came in contact with, but mutated a few into sometimes powerful but always deformed or damaged “jokers.” An even smaller percentage became superpowered “Aces.”
Melinda Snodgrass, a co-creator and co-writer on the series, will write the screenplay, and will executive produce with Martin.
The series has a wide cast of characters and a decades-spanning story, and was among the first (along with comics like “Watchmen”) to deal with what the real-world implications of superpowers might be.
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients