Producer shares scary films
Producer Rob Tapert knows his scary movies.
He and director Sam Raimi got started together, making the “Evil Dead” films starring Bruce Campbell.
Tapert is currently working to line up films for the “Ghost House” line with Raimi. Eight branded horror movies are out now in the “Ghost House Underground” set: “Dance of the Dead,” “No Man’s Land: The Rise of the Reeker,” “The Substitute,” “Dark Floors,” “Trackman,” “Room 205,” “Last House in the Woods” and “Brotherhood of Blood.”
Tapert recently talked to The Oklahoman about the scariest movies he’d ever seen. On Halloween, if you’re looking for a last-minute rental to scare the pants off of you, here’s three recommended by a master.
The Exorcist (1973)
Two priests attempt to exorcise a demon from a 12-year-old girl. The film was directed by William Friedkin (“The French Connection”) based on the novel by William Peter Blatty.
“I saw ‘The Exorcist’ at the Woods Theater in Detroit, Michigan,” Tapert said. “I had read the book. It was the first time in my life I ever thought, this would make a great movie – and I was a kid, too. And it exceeded my expectations even then, as it was far scarier than the book.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients