Title revealed for new James Bond film: Skyfall
In a London news conference, producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli today presented the cast of the 23rd James Bond adventure, which will be called “Skyfall.”
The film will be directed by Sam Mendes and will star Daniel Craig as agent 007 James Bond.
The film, from Albert R. Broccoli’s Eon Productions, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios, and Sony Pictures Entertainment, goes into production on Monday, Nov. 7. The North American release date is Nov. 9, 2012. It will begin its worldwide release in Ireland and the UK on Oct. 26, 2012.
The screenplay for the film is written by Neal Purvis & Robert Wade and John Logan. Other cast members at the press conference were Javier Bardem, Dame Judi Dench, Naomie Harris and Bérénice Marlohe. The filmmakers also announced Ralph Fiennes, Albert Finney and Ben Whishaw as part of the cast.
The description, according to a news release, is as follows:
“In SKYFALL, Bond’s loyalty to M is tested as her past comes back to haunt her. As MI6 comes under attack, 007 must track down and destroy the threat, no matter how personal the cost.”
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 28347Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 17448Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7187OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5906Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5536OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4738Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3702Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3694Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3367Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3246Oklahoma City Thunder: The time has come for OKC's young players
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients