“Buffy the Vampire Slayer” stars, comic creators highlight Austin Comic Con
AUSTIN, Texas — Lines snaked through aisles as excited fans waited to meet stars of the TV show “Buffy the Vampire Slayer,” including James Marsters, Charisma Carpenter, Mercedes McNab, James Charles Leary and Juliet Landau.
Delighted fans interacted with Carpenter, who played Cordelia Chase on “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” and the spinoff “Angel.”
“I touched him, I touched him,” one fan cried in near-hysterics after meeting Marsters, who played “Spike” on “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” and “Angel.”
Adam Baldwin of another Joss Whedon show, “Serenity,” was also drawing attention from fans. Alaina Huffman, of “Smallville” and “Stargate Universe,” made her second appearance at the Wizard World Austin Comic-Con. Former “Heroes” star Hayden Panettiere also drew fans.
Comics were also a focus at the Austin Comic Con — in attendance were Nathan Edmondson (“Who Is Jake Ellis?,” “Grifter”), Greg Capullo (“Batman”), Robert Wilson (“Knuckleheads,”) Kevin Maguire (“Justice League”) and Freddie Williams II (“Captain Atom”).
Maguire and Williams entertained fans and would-be creators in a panel aimed at sharing tips on breaking in to comics. Maguire, who’s been professionally drawing since the mid-1980s, cracked up the crowd, saying he wasn’t sure how he got in and couldn’t really explain how he’d stayed in the industry so long.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 83911Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 66115Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 33602Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 20416Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 18059Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 13064Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 9549Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 8530Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 8480Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 8114Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients