New Moon sets pre-sales record
Four days prior to release, “New Moon” is the biggest pre-sales title in the 10-year history of ticket-selling site Fandango. A release for the company indicates New Moon broke the record as of Saturday night.
The new Top 5 Advance Ticket-Sellers on Fandango (as of November 15, 2009) are as follows:
1. New Moon (2009)
2. Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith (2005)
3. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009)
4. The Dark Knight (2008)
5. Twilight (2008)
New Moon currently accounts for 86% of ticket sales at Fandango.com.
“For many fans, it’s clearly the year’s most anticipated film event,” said Fandango Chief Operating Officer Rick Butler in a release. “Ever since tickets went on sale on August 31, it’s been among our top five weekly ticket-sellers, as New Moon has a strong pull on audiences. We’re seeing a higher-than-usual number of tickets per transaction for this film, suggesting that moviegoers will show up en masse at theaters this weekend with their friends and family.”
A survey of Fandango users indicates that 10 percent of ticket buyers intend to show up to the film in costume.
Other information from the survey:
* 98% say the action in New Moon looks better than the action in Twilight.
* 72% plan to see the movie with a group of three friends or more.
* 52% of survey respondents say they dream about vampires.
* 22% are mothers and daughters planning to see New Moon together.
* 10% of fans plan to show up at the theater on Thursday night in costume, dressed as characters from the saga.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 58670Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 34839Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32331Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 11019Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 8824Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5821Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3796OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3650George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3440Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3341Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients