2,011 in 2011 comic-book reading challenge: week 45 and 46 recap
Marvel Comics from the 1960s and 1970s made up the majority of my comic-book reading over the past two weeks, led by the “Captain Marvel” series from that era. I read 69 comics total in the past two weeks of my 2,011 in 2011 comic-book challenge. I am attempting to read 2,011 comic books in the calendar year. With almost 89 percent of the year over, I’ve read 1,725 comics, or almost 86 percent of the total comics I need to read. I’ve got 286 comics to go. Click past the cut for the full breakdowns of comics read.
I read almost entirely Marvel Comics in the past two weeks, as far as comics that got logged on the blog.
Marvel Comics: 67
DC Comics: 2
The 1970s were just ahead of the 1960s for the most-read decade.
Year to date:
Marvel extended its lead.
Marvel Comics: 776
DC Comics: 465
Dark Horse: 141
Image Comics: 65
Boom! Studios: 52
Valiant Comics: 47
Eclipse Comics: 23
NOW Comics: 12
Oni Press: 12
Pen and Ink: 7
The 2000s remain in the lead for most-read decade.
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 42155Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15090Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9670Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8506Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8490Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7696Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7550Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 6946Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6921Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5498Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients