Comics holiday gift guide: Comics fans may have a very batty Christmas
Comics fans could have a very Batty Christmas with the cool Bat-themed gifts available this year.
Inspired by Charles Dickens’ classic “A Christmas Carol,” the hardcover graphic novel “Batman: Noel” ($22.99) features different interpretations of the Dark Knight from various eras. Different cast members from “Batman” take on roles from “A Christmas Carol,” including Robin, Superman, Catwoman and the Joker.
The story is written and drawn by Lee Bermejo, who drew the hit “Joker” original graphic novel in 2008.
For fans who want something more interactive, the “Arkham City” video game ($59.99 for Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3; $49.99 for Windows PC; $99.99 collector’s edition) features Batman battling foes in a large slum now used to house the criminally insane. The game is written by Paul Dini, who also wrote the tie-in graphic novel ($22.99).
To fully immerse yourself in the game, check out the cool Batarang Controller for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 ($49.99).
For fans who want to dig deep into Batman lore, Mathew K. Manning’s “The Batman Files” ($100) begins with Bruce Wayne’s childhood and continues along a timeline of events, with significant scrapbook-type information included.
One of the best Batman arcs of recent years has been released in hardcover in time for holiday shopping. Scott Snyder’s entire “Detective Comics” run is collected in the “Black Mirror” hardcover ($29.99) from DC Comics.
In “The Black Mirror,” the new Batman, Dick Grayson, is put to the test as a series of brutal murders puts him up against one of Gotham City’s oldest evils.
A second story, “Hungry City,” is also collected in the hardcover, in which the corpse of a killer whale is found in an upscale Gotham City bank, sparking a deadly new mystery.
The collection, with stories from “Detective Comics” Nos. 871-881, is a candidate for best Batman tale of the current decade.
If you aren’t a Bat-fan, don’t feel like the holidays are passing you by. Here are some other suggestions for comic fans:
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 75968Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 30909Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 28067Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 24729Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 6906Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 6904Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 6686Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
- 6314Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday
- 6228Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5710Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients