Big Monday Wednesday viewing
I spent Wednesday morning catching up on laundry and housekeeping from spending last week on the road and re-watching Oklahoma State-Texas.
A couple thoughts, some of them that just didn’t make it into the paper in the mad-dash to make deadline Monday night, some of them observed thanks to the beauty that is the DVR.
1. Terrel Harris. The Oklahoma State junior has been frustrating to fans because he hasn’t been shooting well, and he’s been committing too many turnovers. In the first three Big 12 games of the season, Harris had 15 turnovers and 0 assists. Not great. On Monday night, 1-of-7 from the floor, two turnovers, 9 points, 5 rebounds. Decent, not great. But then you look at A.J. Abrams’ line, and see that he was 0-for-7 from 3 with 6 points. Now that is great for Harris. The guy has learned to play defense. He hustles. He’s in the right place at the right time. Three of those rebounds were offensive rebounds. To sum up: Harris’ numbers aren’t great, but there’s a very good reason he played 36 minutes on Monday.
2. James Anderson. When he’s hot, OSU needs to do a better job of getting him the ball. These guys have a phrase for this: “Feed the horse.” On Monday night Anderson was the horse, and he didn’t get fed enough. In the first half, when he made those two 3s in a row, Anderson was feeling it (I even got a text from my brother, watching the game in Sacramento, that said “Anderson’s feeling it”). If he can see it from 1,700 miles away, Byron Eaton should see it from 15 feet away and get the ball to his shooter.
3. D.J. Augustin. Wow.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10394Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9157Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5761Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4888Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4371Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4162How to help tornado victims
- 4108Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4097OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4009Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 3995Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients