By Mike Baldwin
‘ Staff Writer
OSU will officially sign its 2008 class on Wednesday. But most of the newcomers who could most impact the 2008 season already are on campus. Seven junior college signees, and high school safety Markelle Martin, will participate in spring ball. Other than the nation’s No. 1 kicker joining the Cowboys this summer, it’s the players already on campus that could have the biggest immediate impact, especially defensively.
After talking to the junior college coaches who coached OSU’s newest additions, it’s apparent spring practice will be more interesting than usual. Besides monitoring several young players’ progress like redshirt freshman defensive end Richetti Jones, watching the junior college players in March and April will provide some insight into the 2008 season.
Spring practice should give us some answers. Spring practice starts on March 3. The spring game is scheduled for April 12.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36528Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32802Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32453Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8406Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5462OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3890Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3494College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3313George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3240Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
- 3193Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients