Who knew we were witnessing history on Saturday?
I just got three phone calls in about 4 minutes telling me Bob Knight just resigned. One of them said: “Well, you witnessed Bob Knight’s last game.”
Wow, I thought, I did.
Me and about 8,350 other people. Which, by the way, makes me smile and shake my head. If anybody had known that was Knight’s last game, the place would have been packed. Instead it was half-empty and everything about the game from the crowd to the basketball was totally lackluster. Strange way to leave, but then again Bob Knight’s a strange guy.
At Big 12 media days back in October, Knight spent his time on the podium discussing the World Series. Baseball, no basketball. A little horse racing, more baseball. He ended it by thanking the media for “recognizing my exceptional talent in analyzing baseball here this morning.” Entertaining, but strange nonetheless.
Thinking back, I’m glad I asked him a question on Saturday, in his last postgame press conference (for the record, he didn’t really answer the question, just started talking about something else, but whatever).
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26979Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17115Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9403UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8599Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7948Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 7430OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6562Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6162Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 6113Tom Ward out as SandRidge CEO
- 6077Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients