jinxing the streak
by andrea cohen
The preview I wrote for Saturday’s Oklahoma State basketball game was all about the Cowboys’ road losing streak, which appeared primed to extend to 20 games. Timing is everything, right? As we all know by 7:35 a.m. on Sunday, OSU upset the Aggies in College Station yesterday. Big win. Huge win. For a bunch of reasons.
For me personally, it’s nice to stop writing about the streak (trust me, it was getting old. Although, having just written all about it, it was quite easy to recall the facts to talk about breaking it). Clearly the Cowboys were ready to stop hearing about it. I got several teasing comments from players and coaches yesterday — not in a complaining or obnoxious way, which is why these guys are good to deal with — but in a “won’t it be nice to write about something else?” way. Yes, it will.
On the agenda today is a Monday Insider, likely about Byron Eaton. During the game yesterday I got a text from a friend who is a big OSU basketball fan saying: “Changed my mind about Eaton.” I think a lot of people are feeling that way after the way he played Wednesday and Saturday, so we’ll take a look at him this afternoon.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14439Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9547Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7937Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 7761Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6962Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6428Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6287Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 5083Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5032Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 4602UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients