James Dickey to Arkansas State?
by andrea cohen
A day after Dickey Nutt resigned as the basketball coach at Arkansas State, Oklahoma State assistant coach James Dickey’s name has come up in several
Arkansas news reports as a possible replacement.
Dickey said Wednesday afternoon that he has not been contacted by
“I do have interest in being a head coach again and I have strong relationships at
State, but I have not heard from (
State),” Dickey said. “My main priority now is helping this (
State) team and helping coach Sean (Sutton) win games.”
Dickey, an Arkansas native and graduate of Central Arkansas, was the head coach at Texas Tech from 1991-2001 after serving on staffs for Eddie Sutton at both Arkansas and
Kentucky. He has been an assistant at OSU since 2002.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 85341Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16721OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12445Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11152Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9705Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 9037How to help tornado victims
- 8773Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8553Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 7603Excessive speed, alcohol, operator inattention contributed to fatal boat crash, report states
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients