OSU golfer on award watch list
From the OSU athletics office:
Rickie Fowler Named To Ben Hogan Award Watch List
Oklahoma State freshman Rickie Fowler was one of 24 players named to the watch list for the Ben Hogan Award it was announced today by the Golf Coaches Association of America (GCAA).The Hogan is presented annually to the top men’s NCAA Division I, II or III, NAIA or junior college golfer taking into account all collegiate and amateur competitions during the last 12 months.A native of Murrieta, Calif., Fowler is currently the top-ranked player in the country according to the Golfweek/Sagarin Performance Index. The Cowboy freshman has competed in three events thus far, winning the Olympia Fields/Fighting Illini Invitational and finishing fourth in each of his other two collegiate starts.
On the amateur level, Fowler competed as the youngest member of the U.S. Walker Cup squad, posting a 3-1 mark during the prestigious event. He also posted victories at two of amateur golf’s premier events this past summer, winning The Players Amateur and the Sunnehanna Amateur.
The Hogan Award semifinalists will be announced April 16. Three finalists named on May 7 will be invited to Colonial Country Club in Fort Worth, Texas, for the Hogan Award presentation on the evening of May 18. The 1964 U.S. Open winner and former CBS golf analyst Ken Venturi will be the keynote speaker.
2008 Ben Hogan Award Watch List
(in alphabetical order)
Jonas Blixt, Florida State
Ryan Brehm, Michigan State
Kevin Chappell, UCLA
Jonas Enander Hedin, Charlotte
Harris English, Georgia
Derek Fathauer, Louisville
Rickie Fowler, Oklahoma State
Rob Grube, Stanford
Chesson Hadley, Georgia Tech
Seung-su Han, UNLV
Brian Harman, Georgia
Mark Harrell, Alabama
Billy Horschel, Florida
Lucas Lee, UCLA
Jamie Lovemark, Southern California
Clayton Rask, Minnesota
Webb Simpson, Wake Forest
Joel Sjoholm, Georgia State
Kyle Stanley, Clemson
Michael Thompson, Alabama
Jarin Todd, Sonoma State
Cameron Tringale, Georgia Tech
Drew Weaver, Virginia Tech
Stefan Wiedergruen, Charlotte
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 60552Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32931Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 31925Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 12639Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 8214Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5947Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3659Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 3421Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3336George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3296OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients