OSU baseball starts Big 12 play
FROM THE OSU ATHLETICS OFFICE
#23 Oklahoma State (10-3) at #9 Baylor (11-3)
March 14-16 – 6:30 p.m., 6:30 p.m., 1 p.m.
Waco, Texas (Baylor Ballpark (5,000))
OSU is 10-3 on the season and opens Big 12 Conference play on the road against Baylor in Waco, Texas, on Friday. The opener, as well as Saturday’s contest, is scheduled for a 6:30 p.m. start, while Sunday’s series finale will begin at 1 p.m. The Cowboys finished third in the Big 12 last season with a 16-11 mark and have earned a spot among the top three in the final standings each of the last two years. OSU’s second-place finish in 2006 was its highest ever in the league.
The Bears are 11-3 on the season and are coming off back-to-back losses at Oral Roberts. Baylor finished sixth in the league last season at 12-15, then advanced to the title game at the Big 12 Baseball Championship.
In the polls
Oklahoma State is ranked 23rd by Baseball America, 25th in the NCBWA poll and 28th by Collegiate Baseball.
Baylor is ranked No. 9 by Collegiate Baseball and in the USA Today/ESPN coaches’ poll, 10th by Baseball America and 12th in the NCBWA poll.
On the air & the web
All OSU baseball games will be carried live by Stillwater Radio on KSPI
93.7 FM and/or 780 AM. Rex Holt, who is in his 26th season as the play-by-play voice of Cowboy baseball, will call the action, with Matt Davis providing color commentary. Radio broadcasts can also be accessed via www.okstate.com (link is available under Cowboy MVP – Live Events). Those wishing to follow today’s game against Missouri State via live stats can log on to www.okstate.com (link is available under Cowboy MVP – Live Stats).About BaylorThe Bears are 11-3 after a pair of mid-week losses to Oral Roberts. BU is hitting .294 as a team, while its pitching staff sports a collective 4.24 ERA.OSU is 30-23 all-time against Baylor, including a 3-1 mark last season.A year ago, the Cowboys swept the series vs. BU in Stillwater but lost to the Bears in the first round of the Big 12 Tournament.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients