1st half thoughts, OSU vs. Texas
by andrea cohen
First-half thoughts from OSU vs. Texas.
- Wow, Ibrahima Thomas. The freshman center had an unreal first half, and a truly incredible first half of the first half. He has 15 points at the break, including a pair of 3-pointers. Byron Eaton has been getting him the ball inside well, and he’s rebounding like crazy – he has three offensive boards and two defensive.
-Speaking of rebounding, OSU has a 19-11 edge. That’s thanks to 5 from Thomas, 4 from James Anderson, 3 from Eaton and two apieve from Dove and Terrel Harris.
-Wow, Damion James. Now James is a bona fide player, and isn’t a shock like Thomas, but the guy is playing really well. When he starts hitting 3s he becomes insanely tough to guard because he can also kill you in the post. OSU slowed him better late in the half, but not before he scored 13 points on 5-of-6 shooting.
-Big guy Gary Johnson is out for the day with that leg injury, a Texas spokesman just confirmed.
-Did anybody else notice Dove on Augustin at the end of the half? Interesting. He’s got about a foot on the Longhorns’ point guard – maybe he can block those 3s Augustin keeps draining with a hand in his face.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15916Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 15914Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 11583Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11309'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10923Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 10033OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 7498Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 6996Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 6944Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6781Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients