by andrea cohen
Yesterday Pat Knight followed the trend of using his postgame interviews to stick up for Sean Sutton. Knight’s main point was that fans should blame unexpectedly departed players and not Sutton for this season’s struggles.
Perhaps a valid point, but it hurts the argument when you’re lamenting the loss of Javon Curry. Yep, Javon. Knight called JamesOn Curry by the wrong name about five times during the interview.
Initially I didn’t know about this, because I was conducting postgame interviews with OSU players at the time. Transcripts of the interview had the name corrected. But this morning on the way to the Sprint Center a local television station guy was telling me how unfortunately unusable the clip was because of the misnomer.
But to be honest, whatever you want to call him, I agree at least a bit with Knight. OSU would have been a different team with Curry.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13515Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10081Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9722Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8902Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6661Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 5295Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4594Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 4515Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 4167Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 4139Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients