by andrea cohen
It’s halftime of OSU’s first-round NIT game, here are some quick thoughts on why OSU is trailing the Salukis 26-19.
-Ice cold shooting. OSU is 0-11 from 3. Yep, ZERO of ELEVEN. And they’re shooting just 28 percent from the floor. Marcus Dove has missed at least two layups, and OSU is struggling to get high-percentage shots. The Salukis do play some defense, the stats don’t lie.
-Ridiculous rebounding margin. OSU has eight boards, SIU has 22. The Salukis have more offensive boards than OSU has defensive.
-Here’s a reason the score isn’t more out of hand than it is: OSU has committed three turnovers to SIU’s 13. Byron Eaton has been especially good, stripping the ball out of the post several times.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 33271Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 24362Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6895OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6548Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4476OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4156Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3398Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3362Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3190Oklahoma City Thunder: The time has come for OKC's young players
- 3174Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients