names of the day
On Friday, Day 11 of Operation Find A Basketball Coach, I heard two names all day long. Tim Floyd was name No. 1, and Kevin Stallings was name No. 2.
The USC coach seems like a longshot because he turned down LSU already this spring (he’s a Mississippi native and La. Tech grad).
As for Vanderbilt’s Stallings, the Nashville City Paper had a blurb on its website Friday afternoon with a Vice Chancellor saying OSU hadn’t asked permission to speak with Stallings. So if that’s on the table (and I’m not saying it is), it’s not yet in the works.
The other interesting news today was a CBSsportsline.com report from Gary Parrish (an excellent reporter with ridiculously good sources, in my experience and opinion) that said OSU contacted Washington State’s Tony Bennett (possibly at the Final Four) and said if/when Self said no OSU would pay Bennett big bucks to come to Stillwater. Bennett, who turned down a BUNCH of jobs this spring, said no.
Mike Holder said “not true” when emailed the article.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15916Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 15914Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 11583Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11309'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10923Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 10033OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 7498Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 6996Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 6944Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6781Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients