Clifton, Wall — it’s a euphemism
Rivals.com is reporting that Baylor will hire Dwon Clifton as its Director of Player Development tomorrow (Friday). You may be asking ‘Who?’
Well, here’s the deal. In writing “Baylor will hire Dwon Clifton” you’re actually writing “Baylor will be signing the Class of ’09′s top prospect, John Wall.”
Of course, neither facet is official, yet. I just got off the phone with Baylor athletic spokesman Chris Yandle, who said “Nothing has crossed my desk” when asked about Clifton’s hire.
If true, this is a big blow to Oklahoma State fans and coaches, all of whom had their hopes up for the 6-foot-3 point guard. Coach Travis Ford also had a similar position open, which he could have used to hire Clifton, the younger brother of Wall’s AAU coach, Brian Clifton.
More as it develops …
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24112Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13400Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 10660Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10343UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7789Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6928Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6551Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6286Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6076Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4932OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients