Gameday: What to watch for
By Scott Wright
The clock is ticking toward kickoff at Qwest Field and here are a few things that could be worth keeping an eye on:
– Running backs: Who gets the carries? Are they used situationally? How much does Kendall Hunter be used? That, I think, will be particularly interesting to watch. Only once last season did he have more than 15 carries in a game.
– Play calling: Technically, Gundy’s real first play-calling test as a head coach will come next week, when he’s had only a few days to prepare. But today will be interesting to see how creative he gets.
– Receivers: They can’t throw every pass to Dez Bryant and Brandon Pettigrew. Who gets the rest?
– Defense: This is probably the most obvious one. Everyone’s eyes will be on the ‘D’ to see if it actually is better. I think it will be, but time will be the better test. WSU is only better than one or two Big 12 teams.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients