By Scott Wright
Apparently I spoke too soon. OSU can throw every pass to Dez Bryant and Brandon Pettigrew. Or at least it can try.
Bryant and Pettigrew have four catches each as OSU holds a 15-0 halftime advantage.
Bo and Beau, as in Bowling and Johnson, have two catches apiece and Keith Toston has one. Not exactly spreading it around to the wide receivers.
Artie Woods has been on the field, as has DeMarcus Connor, Josh Cooper and a few others, but Bowling, the junior-college transfer, is the only WR besides Bryant to catch a pass. He’s been solid, too.
To address my other previous points of interest, Kendall Hunter has been the go-to guy at RB, getting 14 of the Cowboys’ 22 run plays. Zac Robinson has four carries for 16 yards and surpassed 1,000 yards for his career with a fourth-and-one bootleg run in the second quarter.
Gundy’s play-calling has been a bit interesting, because OSU ran the ball on its first 12 plays, and each play of its first two series. Then Gundy called pass plays on five of the next six in the third series.
And defensively, there’s a big goose egg on the board for Washington State, so it’s hard to argue what the Cowboy defense has done. WSU only has 52 yards of offense, 22 passing and 30 rushing. The Cowboys also recorded their first safety since 2001 against Colorado.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16150OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 14605Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 10995Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 9399Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 9121'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 8921Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 7695Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7584Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 7477Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7078Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients