Missouri State pregame thoughts
By Scott Wright
Here’s a sign of how exciting this game should be.
It’s 40 minutes until kickoff, and I can’t stop obsessing over the fact that there’s no black on the turf of Boone Pickens Stadium.
Seriously, the Pistol Pete logo between the 25 and 30 yard lines has a green mustache. I’d like to know one on-campus football field in NCAA Division I that has one official school color on its field and not the other.
Just a little outlining of the letters in the end zone. Anything. Honestly, it probably wouldn’t even be a problem if it wasn’t for that green mustache.
Anyway, about the football game. It’s raining. Not much else to say.
Artrell Woods seems to be moving around well in pregame warm-ups. We’ll see if that strained knee is able to go today.
Now a couple other things to watch for:
1. Health: More important than anything will be the Cowboys not getting hurt. With William Cole in the preseason and Lucien Antoine last week going down with injured ACLs, OSU can’t sustain much more. Cole and Antoine were both expected to make significant contributions.
2. Backup quarterbacks: Surely one of them will play today. Maybe both. Of course, with the rain and the potential for an early blowout, it’s doubtful either will be asked to throw much.
We’ll see what happens.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17348Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13445OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11653'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11177Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8712Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7813Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7268Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7021Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6811Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients