waiting on Teeng
The school is waiting on results from a testing center, where Akol said he took an ACT in June. Akol’s presence is critical to the Cowboys, who are shorthanded in the post. Aside from Akol OSU has just one player – Ibrahima Thomas – taller than 6-foot-7.
“They will say if it is OK or if I have to take it again,” Akol said. “Everything will be OK.”
Akol, a native of Sudan, was in summer school at South Florida but parted ways with the Bulls and headed toStillwater before class started. He is currently in classes at OSU.
OSU coach Travis Ford said he’s hoping to get an answer on Akol’s eligibility this week but OSU’s compliance office indicated that a resolution may take longer than that.
By Andrea Cohen
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients