“…when I lay my vengeance down upon thee.”
By Scott Wright
With all the talk about revenge this week, I can’t get that Samuel L. Jackson line from “Pulp Fiction” out of my head.
“I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger…”
I don’t know if there will be any great vengeance or furious anger in Stillwater Sunday, but it appears the Troy Trojans might think so.
Here’s a story from the Montgomery Adviser, and another from the Dothan Eagle with some interesting comments from Trojans anticipating the Cowboys’ motivation for revenge from last year’s 41-23 loss to Troy.
Of course, Mike Gundy said he hopes his players don’t use revenge as motivation. That theory will work well until the players in the stories above show up on the field of Boone Pickens Stadium and start talking trash.
As you saw in the story from the Dothan Eagle, Troy is awaiting MRI results today on starting defensive end Kenny Mainor, who is believed to have torn his ACL Saturday against Ohio State. It appears to be a fairly big loss. Mainor was fifth on the team in tackles with 14, second in tackles for lost yardage with three.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26920Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17660Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 8676UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8213Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 8153OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8000Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7952Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6297Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5734Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5128Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients