OSU injury update
By Scott Wright
OSU receivers coach Trooper Taylor said last night that Artrell Woods is back healthy, so expect to see No. 83 on the field this weekend. Woods probably could have played last week against Troy, but the need wasn’t there. Still, it will be good to see the kid back on the field. There’s no more inspiring story in college football today.
Mike Gundy continues to maintain that Brandon Pettigrew is “day-to-day.” We’ll see if that ankle heals up, but so far, he’s still limited in what he can do at practice.
Lastly — and maybe even more importantly — Jeray Chatham’s foot injury is still lingering. Tim Beckman said on Saturday that it’s “a week-to-week deal,” but the OSU defensive coordinator seemed to be looking for the right words to describe his status. You kind of got a feeling that this isn’t just some minor nagging injury. We’ll see how it progresses, but Gundy is keeping the clamps down on injury talk.
And yes, I think Chatham is more important to the Cowboys than Pettigrew. Sure, Pettigrew is an NFL tight end. But OSU has plenty of offensive weapons besides him and can still put up 500 yards a game with him on the sideline. What the Pokes don’t have is a lot of talented defensive linemen. Chatham is the best they’ve got and they need him on the field, especially Oct. 11 when they visit Missouri.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients