Quite a Wednesday for OSU in the state of Texas
Wednesday night was a HUGE night for Oklahoma State basketball in the state of Texas. Not only did the men keep their NCAA Tournament hopes alive by beating Tech, but the women appeared to come back from the dead — or at least back from a coma of sorts.
The OSU women’s 58-52 win over No. 12 Texas improves the Cowgirls’ record to 15-9, 4-7. I realize that doesn’t sound great, but in the Big 12 and with the schedule that the Cowgirls have remaining (highly winnable games include Tech, Kansas and Nebraska at home), it means OSU still has a shot to get to the magic number of seven wins in conference.
This is big, big news for a lot of reasons. The biggest might be that Andrea Riley needs to get her suspension over with this March. The junior will be suspended for OSU’s next NCAA Tournament game for slapping an LSU player during last year’s Sweet 16. If the Cowgirls don’t make the Tournament, she will have to sit out the first game of the NCAA Tournament her senior year (the NIT doesn’t count, so if OSU makes the NIT this year she will be able to play but still have to sit out next year). It would be awfully unfortunate for the best women’s player in school history to have to sit out of that game her senior year.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 33271Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 24362Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6895OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6548Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4476OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4156Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3398Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3362Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3190Oklahoma City Thunder: The time has come for OKC's young players
- 3174Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients