Mixing metaphors and weather terms with Byron Eaton
Remember a couple weeks ago when Byron Eaton accidentally voiced concern over the “humidity” in Boulder rather than the altitude? Apparently Oklahoma’s Willie Warren saw that and let Eaton know about it.
“I hadn’t talked to Willie Warren in a while, since we played them,” Eaton said. “And when I said the humidity thing he text me and we was going back and forth. Before our Colorado game we was texting back and forth, making jokes about it.”
Eaton, who clearly likes Warren a lot, was a good sport about the teasing. On a more serious note, he said Thursday afternoon that he thinks his Cowboys are in a good position to upset OU, following the Sooners loss at Missouri. When asked about the “humidity” in Norman, Eaton said “it’s not that good right now.”
“The temperature’s dropping,” Eaton said. “Things are definitely heating up up there. But those guys are good. I definitely think they’re practicing today and practicing tomorrow and they’ll be regrouped by the time we come in there Saturday. But I’m going to continue to tell my guys, as long as we continue to do what we’ve been doing the last month, I think we can beat those guys at their house.”
Right now it doesn’t look like OSU is in dire need of a win in Norman — with 20 wins overall and nine in league play, they appear to be in good shape for an NCAA Tournament berth, and since a TON of bubble teams lost in the last couple days one would think they’re just fine so long as they don’t suffer an embarrassing loss in the first round of the Big 12 Tournament. But winning in Norman would be a nice security blanket, Eaton said.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21228Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17109OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 15263Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 8685Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 8584Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 8393Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 7909Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7026Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6028Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 5208Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients