What kind of date spot is Dayton for The Big Dance?
Despite working in nearby Indianapolis for almost two years, I’ve never been to Dayton Arena. It seems I’ve been missing out. This is the eighth year in a row that Dayton Arena will be hosting the opening rounds of the Tournament, and it’s even hosting the play-in game, which says something interesting. That something interesting, it seems to me, is that people around Dayton will come to watch any/all basketball being played.
On Sunday evening, after it was announced that the Cowboys would play Tennessee in Dayton on Friday, Travis Ford went on and on about what a cool atmosphere it is, and he should know — he beat Dayton at Dayton twice while at UMass. The second time Dayton was ranked No. 18 and on a 13 game winning streak.
Arena aside, Dayton will be an awfully hard ticket to get ahold of mainly because of the proximity of the teams playing. ESPN.com’s Dana O’Neil called it “The hottest place to be.”
“If you’re not real attached to your kidney, you might be able to score a ticket to the sub-regional in Dayton. Otherwise, good luck.
It could be the toughest ticket to find of all of the eight first-round cities.
Fans from Louisville, Pittsburgh and Ohio State (given, it must be noted, an awfully sweet site preference for an 8-seed in a year when the Buckeyes’ athletic director, Gene Smith, serves on the committee) will all converge on the University of Dayton Arena, none having to tax themselves for more than a four-hour drive.
An hour after the bracket was announced, upper-level seats already were going for $250 and up on stubhub.com.”
by andrea cohen
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients