Foster considering walking on at OSU
By Scott Wright
The door isn’t completely closed on the possibility of Guthrie star athlete Donte’ Foster playing football at Oklahoma State.
I traded text messages with the 6-foot-2, 180-pound football and basketball standout Thursday afternoon and he said he is being pursued as an invited walk-on for the Cowboys.
Guthrie coach Rafe Watkins told multiple Web sites that Foster-to-OSU was a done deal, but Foster says it’s not 100 percent just yet.
“It’s a possibility,” he said. “I’ve talked it over with them and they said it would be a great idea, so there’s a chance I may do that. It’s not written in stone quite yet though.”
Foster got some interest from OSU just before signing day, but never received a scholarship offer. At that time, the Cowboys needed more help in the secondary and were considering Foster as a safety prospect.
But with some attrition at receiver, OSU has come back around to Foster on the offensive side of the ball.
The Cowboys may have balked at offering Foster a scholarship because they had not hosted him in camp, and thus, did not get the chance to see his ability up-close.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14355OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8524Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6282Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6264Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5946Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5763Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4015As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3625Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3377Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3147Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients