Pre-Draft trades impacting Pettigrew
By Scott Wright
A couple of trades made in the days before the NFL Draft could have a major impact on the destination of Oklahoma State tight end Brandon Pettigrew on Saturday.
Last week, Philadelphia gave up one of its first-round picks (No. 28) to attain LT Jason Peters from Buffalo. Philadelphia had been one of the teams most often mentioned among those interested in Pettigrew, but now with only one pick, the Eagles will have to decide what need is most important. Most experts seem to think it will be running back that wins out.
And perhaps the second-most popular destination for Pettigrew in mock drafts had bee Atlanta at No. 24. But maybe you heard, the Falcons acquired Tony Gonzalez from Kansas City on Thursday, meaning they’re out of the hunt for a tight end. ESPN’s Todd McShay said Thursday that part of the motivation for the Falcons to make the trade was the growing interest in Pettigrew ahead of them in the draft.
Mark Bradley of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution discusses the trade and the Falcons’ previous interest in Pettigrew.
The Examiner has an interesting take on the Baltimore Ravens’ interest in Pettigrew with the No. 26 pick.
The New York Daily News says the fans inside Radio City Music Hall on Saturday might not like it, but the Jets could very easily pick Pettigrew at No. 17.
And despite an 0-16 record last year, combined with a variety of positional holes to fill, Detroit could even be looking at Pettigrew.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 97533Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 13957Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9425Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8660Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 8311OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 7700How to help tornado victims
- 7421Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 6598Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 6130Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 6065Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients