Red in Stillwater is always a mistake
My raincoat is red. It’s not Sooner red or Boomer crimson, it’s just a regular old red raincoat. But I’m Bedlam-conscious, so I go to great lengths not to wear the jacket when I’m working. Friday night in Tulsa for Bedlam baseball, for example, I wore a much less water resistant but much more neutral gray jacket.
But today I thought I was safe – I’m covering the 3A boys golf tournament in Perkins, and it was pouring this morning, so I wore the jacket. But then I ran into McAllisters in Stillwater to pick up lunch, and who do I run into? Mike Holder and the entire OSU basketball staff. The second thing out of Travis Ford’s mouth after greeting me? “Couldn’t you find a different color jacket?”
So I guess it’s pretty clear that after a year in Stillwater, Ford’s Bedlam-conscious as well.
by andrea cohen
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients