Stafford-to-Pettigrew a match made in young QB heaven
By Scott Wright
Every young NFL quarterback can benefit from a good tight end, and it seems the rookie combo of Matt Stafford and Brandon Pettigrew has made a connection in Detroit already.
Here’s a story from the Detroit Free Press on the duo, mostly focusing on Pettigrew, the 6-foot-5, 262-pound rookie tight end from Oklahoma State. The story mentions that during a recent practice, Pettigrew appeared to be Stafford’s favorite target, prompting this comment from Pettigrew:
“I’m glad we’re kind of getting a feel for each other and a good connection going into this thing and having a good relationship. That’ll be good,” Pettigrew told the Free Press.
And if you’re curious what kind of playing time Pettigrew is looking at, this blog from MLive.com won’t tell you anything directly, other than the fact that people in Detroit are already debating who should be the second-stringer behind him.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients