Guthrie’s Foster among reporting OSU freshmen
By Scott Wright
Guthrie star athlete Donte’ Foster was among a group of true freshmen to report to Oklahoma State for summer school classes, and to begin taking part in summer workouts with the football team earlier this week.
Foster, who had several NCAA Division I scholarship offers in basketball, but only a few in football, is walking on as a receiver for the 2009 season with the possibility of gaining a scholarship later in his career.
Many schools, OSU included, chose not to recruit Foster much in football, because of a belief that he was only interested in playing basketball. But the 6-foot-2, 190-pounder was a standout player on the football field for Guthrie.
The Cowboys began recruiting him late in the recruiting year — initially as a defensive back — but never offered a scholarship. After some attrition at wide receiver, the Cowboys approached Foster about playing there, which was also his primary position in high school.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 42155Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15090Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9670Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8506Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8490Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7696Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7550Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 6946Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6921Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5498Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients