Behind enemy lines: Rice
Here’s this week’s installment of behind enemy lines with Rice beat writer Jeffrey Martin of the Houston Chronicle.
Brandon Chatmon: Who is the top player on the team?
Jeffrey Martin: Because I haven’t seen too much of this team, all I can base my evaluation on is what I’ve witnessed. I’d go with sophomore safety Travis Bradshaw, who isn’t anything flashy but he’s a sure tackler and he’s solid every Saturday. Right now, that’s a victory.
BC: Who do you expect to win this quarterback competition?
JM: I thought sophomore Nick Fanuzzi was the odds-on favorite, but there’s something about how the team responds to senior J.T. Shepherd. I’ll go with J.T. although Nick is the better thrower.
BC: How are the Oklahoma natives on the Rice team progressing for example Turner Petersen, Kevin Gaddis, Tanner Shuck, etc??
JM: Petersen looks like a redshirt candidate. Gaddis returned a punt against Texas Tech. Shuck started against Tech and recorded five tackles.
BC: What is the strongest unit on the team?
JM: I’d go with the wide receivers, who are talented but with the offense out of synch – the quarterback situation and the offensive line is young and inexperienced – they haven’t been able to show what they can do.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients