Some football tidbits
By Scott Wright
– With all that has been made about Missouri’s first-team offense not having a three-and-out yet this season, I was asked how many OSU and its extremely efficient first-team offense have had. The answer is three. Two against Washington State and one last week against Texas A&M.
– Highly touted Bishop McGuinness TE/DE recruit Gabe Ikard told IrishIllustrated.com that he is holding steady on four schools and is not ready to commit. The four are OSU, OU, Notre Dame and Stanford.
– Georgia high school linebacker LeRon Furr, who visited OSU last weekend for the A&M game, has 15 offers, but his top three schools right now are Duke, OSU and Mississippi State, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
– Also from the AJC, college football writer Tony Barnhardt says the SEC is better than the Big 12 because of the defense they play in the South.
– ESPN.com’s Tim Griffin calls OSU’s defensive improvements “one of the biggest surprises” during the Cowboys’ 5-0 start.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10801Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10490Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10422Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9824Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6498Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4191Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4093Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 3771OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3668Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 3566How to help tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients