Football news and notes
By Scott Wright
One of my favorite sights from the trip to Columbia, Mo., over the weekend came as we were waiting for players and coaches to emerge from the locker room for postgame interviews.
One of the first coaches to come out was offensive line coach Joe Wickline, who kept on walking past all the reporters. He was too busy to stop for an interview.
Wickline exited the locker room with a portable DVD player in his hand. As he passed, I looked to see what he was watching, expecting it to be the latest episode of ‘The Hills’ or something.
But no, he was watching game tape. What game? The one his Cowboys had just won.
Other items of interest today… OSU has been declared Heavyweight Champion of college football and will defend its title Saturday against Baylor.
And ESPN seems to think the Cowboys will go bowling in San Antonio in their latest bowl projections.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 25585Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 23461Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7978Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7892Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients