Recruiting news, Stewart Mandel and other stuff
By Scott Wright
Sports Illustrated’s Stewart Mandel was asked this week about comments he made regarding Mike Gundy earlier this season, when he called OSU’s coach “certifiably nuts” and asked why a team coached by Gundy “should ever be taken seriously?” In case you missed the original, here it is.
And here’s his response when a reader from Illinois reminds him of those words.
Checking in on the recruiting world, it appears Jenks cornerback Gabe Lynn will visit the OSU campus this weekend. Lynn is the best prospect in Oklahoma and he’s getting lots of attention nationally as one of the top cornerbacks in the 2009 class. He has narrowed his choices to OSU, OU, Nebraska (where his brother, Phillip Dillard, plays), Arkansas and North Carolina.
Rivals.com recently spoke with Wichita, Kan., prospect Alex Schooler, who so far doesn’t have an offer from OSU. But the 6-foot-5, 245-pound offensive lineman considers the Cowboys among his top choices. He says he expects an offer after he can send the OSU coaches some more game tape later this season.
“Not in any order but it is OSU, KU, Texas A&M, OU, and probably after that I’d have to go with Iowa State,” he told Rivals. “(OSU) has always really been up there a ways because I started contact with them early in my junior year. They’re still really far up there, I’ve always liked the school, it’s really close to home, the coaches are great and I’ve been in contact with them for a long time so they’re still a top school for me.”
Lastly, Jeffrey Martin of FoxSports.com takes a look at what should be a wild final six weeks in the Big 12.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21533Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17671Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12448Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9610Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9529Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9416Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8233Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 7926Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 6583OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5050Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients