Some post-exhibition thoughts …
I just got home from OSU’s exhibition opener and I keep thinking of things that are interesting but didn’t make the paper. So what better spot, right?
First, let’s talk attendance. The tickets scanned figure was just over 4,100. I’m not stunned — the weather was bad and to be honest I feel like people just aren’t all that fired up about OSU basketball at the moment. But for whatever reason it really was empty in Gallagher-Iba.
The plus side to these early, non-TV games for me is that the media gets to sit courtside. That means we get to hear every word out of Travis Ford’s mouth when he’s on the sideline, and that just happens to be highly entertaining.
Highlights: At one point he screamed to Keiton Page: “Keiton, you are not playing hard enough. You are not playing hard enough, son. Get intense.”
After he pulled James Anderson from the game he put both hands on Anderson’s shoulders and asked him, calmly, “What did you do wrong?” Anderson knew.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 30214Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 19534Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7073OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6093Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5026OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4433Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3498Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3460Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3276Oklahoma City Thunder: The time has come for OKC's young players
- 3162Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients