OSU-Tech in Dallas: Will it happen?
By Scott Wright
As I wrote about on Wednesday, there has been no change in the status of the OSU-Texas Tech series potentially moving to Dallas on a yearly basis starting next season.
Neither team wants to play a neutral-site game Nov. 14 for several reasons. The biggest being that the potential for lost ticket sales is great if one or both teams are having a mediocre year and are out of the running for anything significant by mid-November.
A game in September or October wouldn’t necessarily be impacted that way.
If the move doesn’t occur next season, it presents a unique situation for the Cowboys — eight home games.
That’s both good and bad. Every coach in America would love to have eight home games. Same goes for the merchants of Stillwater. But the struggling economy could put a pinch on some season-ticket buyers when an extra game added on.
In my opinion, don’t look for the OSU-Tech game to be played in Dallas next season. Probably not the season after, either. Maybe 2011.
There also have been some rumors circulating on the Internet that Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones was in Stillwater recently trying to convince OSU to move its 2009 season opener against Georgia to his new stadium in Arlington, Texas.
Actually, that idea had been discussed, but it originated at OSU and quickly died. OSU won’t take away one of the two biggest home games on the schedule next season.
On the other hand, don’t be surprised if either the Georgia or Texas games are treated the same way the OU game was this season, meaning there will be no individual ticket sales for one or both games. That announcement will come later.
And as for those Bedlam tickets this season, don’t plan on OSU breaking down and selling individual seats. Here’s a press release from OSU that came out Wednesday on the subject.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients