Pregame in Lubbock
By Scott Wright
They just replayed the game-winning touchdown of last week’s Texas Tech-Texas game.
And the 10,000 or so fans who arrived early let out the second-biggest cheer of the pregame.
The loudest came when Iowa kicked its game-winning field goal to beat Penn State, which was playing on the in-stadium big screen.
Alabama held on to win, which didn’t get played on the big screen, but there’s still a big shake-up in the national championship picture. Regardless, a one-loss team from the Big 12 South should be locked into the BCS title game.
So the game we’re about to watch will have some serious implications.
Not that it means anything, but Texas Tech is wearing black jerseys and white pants. Last week, the Red Raiders were in all black. Of course, Mike Leach doesn’t seem like the supersitious type anyway.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients