Scratch one name off the list for the next DC
By Scott Wright
Former Clemson defensive coordinator Vic Koenning won’t be the next DC at Oklahoma State. The Owasso native landed on Bill Snyder’s new staff at Kansas State today.
There are still plenty of good candidates available, but if OSU coach Mike Gundy is really set on waiting until after the bowl, he’ll miss out on most of them. But just because Gundy isn’t taking calls on the job doesn’t mean he isn’t aware of who called, or that he isn’t calling back the ones he likes.
We’ll see how it all plays out, but it’s not exactly slim pickings if you’re currently in the market for a defensive coordinator.
Also, New Mexico found its man in Illinois offensive coordinator Mike Locksley, so Curtis Luper is most likely staying put. I don’t see Luper leaving OSU to be a coordinator somewhere else. He’ll work his way up and take a head job if he can get it.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13061Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11652Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5853Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5268Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4547OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4352Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4093Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4013How to help tornado victims
- 3642Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3374Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients