Welcome to Bedlam
By John Helsley
We posted the combined home record of all Big 12 teams in the Monday paper: 111-1.
Let me repeat that, 111-1.
Even Cowboys coach Travis Ford, who fully understands the value of the home court, blinked at that stat.
“Really? Really?” Ford asked in wonder.
Tonight’s Bedlam bash features two teams on opposite ends of the home front over the weekend. OSU rolled previously No. 22-ranked Texas Tech by 29 points in Gallagher-Iba Arena, while the Sooners were slugged by 30 at Baylor.
Tonight also introduces several key OSU newcomers to the ruggedest of road venues when it comes to being a Cowboy: Lloyd Noble Center.
And that figures to play crucial into a prime opportunity for the Pokes to pull off a cherished road win that would get them off to a smashing start in conference play. James Anderson, Obi Muonelo, Marshall Moses and even Keiton Page should be ready for what’s in store. How freshmen Ray Penn, Fred Gulley and Roger Franklin and transfer Matt Pilgrim perform could be the tipping point.
Penn, as the lone starter among that group, and the point guard, and paired in an emotional meeting with former Houston prep rival Tommy Mason-Griffin, shoulders heavy pressure.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12604Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10239Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9732Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9189Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6670Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4472Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4240Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 4180Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 3744Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 3718Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients