No Kingsbury for OSU?
by Brandon Chatmon
In addition to hiring new offensive coordinator Dana Holgorsen, it appeared Houston quality control assistant Kliff Kingsbury would join Holgorsen as new members of the Oklahoma State coaching staff in 2010.
According to the Houston Chronicle’s Steve Campbell, Kingsbury has been hired full-time on the Houston staff. Houston coach Kevin Sumlin has been busy filling holes on his staff since the season ended and Kingbury has been elevated from his quality control position.
The Cowboys don’t have a open spot on their coaching staff and if Kingsbury would have been added to the staff, without any staff changes, he would have likely had to accept a graduate assistant spot. With a full time gig at Houston, it now appears unlikely Kingsbury will be coming along with Holgorsen.
Kingsbury has been a key contributor to the development of Houston’s standout quarterback Case Keenum. He also played quarterback under Mike Leach at Texas Tech.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13061Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11652Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5853Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5268Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4547OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4352Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4093Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4013How to help tornado victims
- 3642Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3374Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients