By John Helsley
We’ve enjoyed Ray Penn’s personality for some time now.
If there’s such a thing as a must-quote freshman, he’s it.
Penn, after all, brought us the lines “There’s no punk in me,” and, “I’m a ballplayer. When I’m out there on that court, I’m not a freshman, I’m a player just like anybody else. I’m here on a scholarship, just like anybody else. I’m trying to get to where everybody else is trying to get.”
And yet, to say Penn is “out there” apparently isn’t enough.
The Cowboys point guard provided breaking news on himself late Friday night, proclaiming — on Facebook — that he would play Saturday at Texas Tech, after missing four games with a stress reaction in his knee. And he did.
Penn was back at the keyboard following the game, except with a worrisome less-clear post that left OSU fans wondering what was up: “my season is over.”
Had Penn re-aggravated the injury? Or worse?
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 20415Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7078Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7023OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6616OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5593Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4449Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4211Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4167Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3427Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3248Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients