Moving Past Kansas
By John Helsley
Matt Pilgrim couldn’t deny the buzz still circling his Cowboys Monday, a full two days after OSU’s stunning and convincing win over Kansas.
“To tell you the truth, I’ve still got a natural high from it,” said Pilgrim, who enjoyed a bit of a breakout with 18 points. “It felt good to play well in front of that national spotlight. It’s going to be unforgettable.”
Unforgettable perhaps, but Pilgrim didn’t mean the Pokes couldn’t or wouldn’t move past it. That’s not how coach Travis Ford rolls.
“Coach Ford is going to humble us so quick,” Pilgrim said before Monday’s practice. “There’s two things he’s good at, that’s motivating and humbling people. I may expect to practice an hour and 45 (minutes), but I know it’s going to be a tough hour and 45.”
Still, there are some things Pilgrim needs to cling to from the Kansas game, like just how good he can be. The junior forward continues to make strides in his first season at OSU, after sitting out last year at Kentucky as a transfer.
Saturday’s game should provide a leap in confidence for Pilgrim, who owned the interior against KU center Cole Aldrich, a projected first round NBA draft pick. Pilgrim has gone from early season starter, to reserve, to starter again. Oh, and impact player.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11884OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10282Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7018Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5955Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5764Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4633Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 4517Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 4488Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4461OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3863As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients