Senior Day: Push or Pull?
By John Helsley
The Cowboys experienced the road version of a Senior Night on Wednesday, witnessing the emotional lift a sendoff can provide a team at Texas A&M.
The Aggies started strong, enjoying one of their hottest shooting nights of the season, and a big crowd provided a pick up at several key junctures in what became an easy win over the Cowboys.
But it doesn’t always work that way.
Sometimes, the emotions get carried away or cast a strange feel over the day.
Sometimes, the change in routine — coaches are sticklers for routine — takes teams out of their comfort zones.
Today, the Cowboys honor one senior, Obi Muonelo, who has been a four-year standout and a fan favorite and a lot of fun. We had a story on Obi in Saturday’s paper, surveying his up-and-down journey at OSU. There was much more, too, which we’ll break out at some point in the coming weeks.
It will undoubtedly be an emotional day for Obi.
“Just being able to finish four years,” Muonelo said, ”some guys don’t get to play on Senior Day, (Notre Dame’s) Luke Harongody, guys across the country, that’s tough, because you want to play your last game on the court where you learned so much.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients