NCAA tourney blog: Kansas
by Brandon Chatmon
I’m helping out with the Oklahoman’s NCAA Tournament coverage this week, so I will be blogging about the Kansas and Lehigh matchup all week.
Here are some quick tidbits about the Kansas Jayhawks:
–This will be the first meeting between the two teams. It is the seventh time this season that KU will face a team for the first time.
–KU is 4-2 all-time against current Patriot League teams. Their last meeting with a Patriot League member was a 2005 NCAA Tournament loss to Bucknell in 2005 at the Ford Center.
–Bill Self is looking for his 25th NCAA Tournament win against Lehigh. Self is 24-10 in NCAA Tournament games.
–This is the ninth time Kansas is a No. 1 seed.
–A Jayhawk win would be their 130th win in the last four years, which would be the most ever in a four-year period.
–Five of Kansas’ non-conference opponents won or tied for their league’s regular season title including California (Pac 10) and Cornell (Ivy)
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients