NCAA tourney: Kansas
by Brandon Chatmon
I am helping out with the NCAA Tournament and will be blogging about Kansas and Lehigh this week. Here’s a closer look at two of the Jayhawks key performers:
Sherron Collins and Brady Morningstar are on the cusp of something special. The Kansas guards will become the winningest players in KU’s storied history if the Jayhawks knock off Lehigh on Thursday.
It will be the 130th win in the past four years. That’s the best four-year stretch in the history of the program.
“It feels really good to be a part of that,” Morningstar said. ”The support we get from the fans and everybody around us helps us.”
Said center Cole Aldrich: “Sherron and Brady being the winningest players of all time is really special. Those guys are winners and having those guys in the game is going to help us a lot.”
During their careers, KU is 129-18 (87.8 winning percentage) including four Big 12 regular season titles, two Big 12 postseason titles, two Elite Eights, one Final Four and one NCAA title. KU’s previous best was from 1995-98 when the Jayhawks went 123-17 (87.9 percent).
Both players were also a part of KU’s 1,900th and 2,000th wins.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10801Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10490Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10422Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9824Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6498Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4191Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4093Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 3771OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3668Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 3566How to help tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients