NCAA Tourney: Postseason memories
by Brandon Chatmon
I am helping out with the Oklahoman’s coverage of the NCAA Tournament at the Ford Center.
I asked several players participating this week about their favorite memory of watching postseason basketball.
Wally Judge, Kansas State: “Syracuse-UConn (six overtime game last season). It was the never ending game. It showed just how much talent each team had on their roster.”
Curtis Kelly, Kansas State: “When George Mason beat UConn. I had just committed to UConn and I was shocked. Growing up I had rooted for the underdog.”
Steven Jones, UNLV: “Remember watching and filling out my brackets, the Christian Laettner shot is the first that comes to mind. In high school I would find a way the sneak and watch some games. I’d turn my homework in early or take long bathroom breaks.”
Matt Shaw, UNLV: “Freshman year. We made it to the sweet sixteen, that’s my favorite memory to come in and play in the NCAA tournament.”
Anthony James, Northern Iowa: ”Michael Jordan. I wasn’t even alive but I saw it when I was 5 or 6. It was a big shot on a big stage and it was Michael Jordan.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 402At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 378Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 347How to help tornado victims
- 247Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 147Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 93Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 52Social media used to send prayers and condolences to Oklahoma in wake of deadly tornadoes
- 51Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 35High schools: Practices called off long before tornado hit Moore
- 32Expert rips Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation's handling of murder case
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients