NCAA Tourney: Pay the man
by Brandon Chatmon
I am helping out with the Oklahoman’s coverage of the NCAA Tournament at the Ford Center. Today’s games feature Kansas against Northern Iowa and Kansas State against BYU. It’s a snowy day in OKC but for NBA fans, there are plenty of reasons to head downtown.
Here’s a closer look at the NBA prospects (and their NBA projections according to ESPN.com) playing at the Ford Center today:
C Cole Aldrich: Considered by many analysts as KU’s top NBA prospect, Aldrich is an athletic big man who could help several NBA teams right now. He’s a shot blocker who has a decent jump shot as well. ESPN.com projects him as a Top 10 pick.
G Xavier Henry: The former Putnam City standout entered college with a NBA body and has performed at a high level since a midseason slump. Scouts like his range, body control and ability to finish around the basket. He’s projected as a late lottery pick but he could really help himself with a strong March as the Jayhawks make a run towards a title.
G Sherron Collins: The senior point guard makes the Jayhawks go. Scouts like his strength, explosiveness and speed. Collins is projected as a late first round pick largely because of his lack of height. Collins is the type of player who will just have to prove people wrong for passing on him because he’s done all he can do on the collegiate level. I imagine he’ll be like a Tony Parker or Ty Lawson in terms of a late first rounder who falls due to lack of height but makes a big impact on the next level.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26273Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 15002Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7114OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5706Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5522OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4689Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3649Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3600Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3343Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3206Oklahoma City Thunder: The time has come for OKC's young players
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients